Our water and air infiltration experts take a systematic approach to investigating, testing, and accurately locating potential leak sources on existing buildings.
Our calibrated Sprayrack® equipment is operated by our experienced field technicians who are proficient with American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) and North American Fenestration Standards/Specifications (NAFS) for curtain walls, storefronts, windows, doors and skylights. Testing is conducted in general accordance with the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM®) standards for all investigations in order to achieve the highest degree of results and solutions.
Types of Water/Air Entry Investigations:
- Roof Enclosures
- Building Envelopes
- Curtain Walls /Storefronts
IRSC’s SEVEN-step ASTM® Investigation Procedure:
- Review of Project Documents
- Evaluation of Design Concept
- Determination of Service History
- Investigative Testing
- Report Generation
Benefits of Non-destructive Water/Air Investigations:
- Identify Manufacturer Defects
- Identify Source of Leaks and Permanent Solutions vs. Multiple/Continuous and Costly Patches and Repairs
- Replicate Leaks Quicker and Accurately Using a Systematic Procedure
- 3rd Party, Unbiased and Expert Results for Forensic Needs
The best approach to further protect your building from ongoing water damages (asset, physical and financial) is to conduct a proper Building Envelope Leak Evaluation (this includes after repairs are made). This will ensure all waterproofing components are functioning and installed properly.